I went with some girlfriends to Noodles & Company for the first time and tried some fantastic Thai Curry Soup (sorry the picture isn’t great). As soon as I got home I googled and came across this recipe from tastykitchen.com. I can’t wait to give it a try!!
- 2 ounces, weight Rice Noodles (If They’re Hard To Find, Buy The Box Of Pad Thai And Only Use The Noodles)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Lemon Grass ( If You Can’t Find It, Don’t Sweat It, Just Add Two More Tablespoons Lime Juice!)
- 1 teaspoon Grated Fresh(or Ground Powder) Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Red Curry Paste
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 can Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, 14 Ounce Can
- ½ cups Peeled And Deveined Shrimp
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ cups Snipped Cilantro
- ½ cups Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 bag Baby Spinach Leaves, 6 Ounce Bag
Heat oil in saucepan. Stir in garlic, lemon grass and ginger until aromatic — about 1 minute. Add the curry paste and stir. Pour in 1/2 of the chicken broth and stir until curry paste is dissolved. Pour in the rest of the broth along with soy sauce and sugar. Let it simmer for 20 minutes, covered to let the flavors meld.
Stir in the noodles, coconut milk, shrimp, and lime juice. Cook until shrimp is pink and done. Stir in cilantro, mushrooms and spinach until softened. Ladle into bowls and serve with eggrolls or rice. Yum!
Source: WFM 1-10