The Five Most Dangerous Things to Feed Your Child
1. Butter and Cheese– Full of saturated fat and fat-delivered chemical pollutants
2. Potato Chips and French Fries– Rich in trans fat, salt, and carcinogenic acrylamides
3. Doughnuts and other trans fat-containing sweets– rich in trans fat, sugar, and other artificial substances
4. Sausages, hot dogs, and other luncheon meats– contain N-nitroso compounds that are potent carcinogens
5. Pickled, smoked, or barbequed meats– places you at risk of both stomach cancer and high blood pressure
Here are 5 Foods that you SHOULD FEED YOUR CHILD:
1. BERRIES– You can easily feed these to your kiddos in their fruit smoothies. My kids love eating frozen blueberries as a afternoon snack.
2. GREENS– I cut up dark leafy greens and add them to many of our meals. Don’t forget those GREEN SMOOTHIES as well.
3. SEEDS– Seeds are supernutritious wonder foods. Try making our NO BAKE CHOCOLATE BALLS to get these into your children. Also- don’t forget to add some ground up flax seeds into your fruit smoothies.
4. TOMATOES– Dr. Joel Fuhrman teaches the cancer-fighting power of these vegetables (or fruits). The easiest way for me to get these into my children is our ANYTIME BEAN DIP recipe. If you haven’t made this yet…you are missing out!
4. BEANS– Beans are fiber- and nutrient- packed. They give soups that chewy goodness and help you feel full for longer. We have TONS of bean recipes on our recipe section.
Tonight I made one of my favorite 5 minute meals that my family loves:
5 MINUTE BEAN WRAPS
1 Green bell pepper, diced
1/4 onion, chopped
1-2 minced garlic cloves
1 can BLACK BEANS
I LOVE the SW Cuban BEANS- picture above. These are a staple in my home. I empty the entire can into my saucepan. The flavor is so yummy!
Whole wheat Tortilla shells
Saute the pepper, onion and garlic in a little water until tender. Add the can of beans and warm thoroughly. Place warm mixture on a tortilla shell and add your desired toppings. Wrap tortilla shell and eat immediately. So good!
Life is good!
Source: WFM 1-10