Have you ever had an “argument” or “discussion” with a friend or loved one when discussing the question: WHY GO VEG?
While attending the Vegsource Expo this past year- I gained these cool facts inregards to the “HUNGER argument”.
Check out the information below given by John Robbins:
- Number of people worldwide who will die as a result of malnutrition this year: 20 million
- Number of people who could be adequately fed using land freed if Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10%: 100 million
- Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20
- Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80
- Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95
- Percentage of protein wasted by cycling grain through livestock: 90
- How frequently a child dies as a result of malnutrition: every 2.3 seconds
- Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an acre: 40,000
- Pounds of beef produced on an acre: 250
- Percentage of U.S. farmland devoted to beef production: 56
- Pounds of grain and soybeans needed to produce a pound of edible flesh from feedlot beef: 16
So know you have some cool facts next time someone asks you…what good can “GOING VEG” do?
LIFE IS GOOD!
Source: WFM 1-10