FOOD, Inc. on Oprah
I AM SO EXCITED!!!
This is an OPRAH you have to watch!
On Wednesday, JANUARY 27th- The Oprah show will be having a special
on the film FOOD, inc.
as well as an interview with Alicia Silverstone!!!
If you haven’t seen FOOD, inc., it is a documentary that exposes the truth about the FOOD INDUSTRY in our nation. It asks the question: How much do we really know about the food we buy at our local supermarkets and serve to our families?
After watching the film- you CANNOT argue the fact that the food industry puts PROFIT ahead of consumer HEALTH.
We as MOMMIES have to take responsibility for what we feed our families- if we leave it up to the FOOD INDUSTRY and our GOVERNMENT…if we follow the “status quo”– we will find ourselves just as sick as everyone else.
Some Interesting FACTS from FOOD, inc:
- 1 in 3 American’s born after the year 2000 will contract early onset diabetes; among minorities- the rate will be 1 in 2.
- 70% of processed foods have some genetically modified ingredient.
- In 1972, the FDA conducted 50,000 food safety inspections. In 2006, the FDA conducted only 9,164.
- During the Bush administration, the chief of staff at the USDA was the former chief lobbyist for the beef industry in Washington
- E. coli and Salmonella outbreaks have become more frequent in America, whether it be from spinach or jalapenos. In 2007, there were 73,000 people sickened from the E. coli virus. (check out my SPINACH blog for more info).
This FILM is definitely an EYE OPENER! It will make you think twice about the food you are feeding your family! That is a good thing!
Alicia (star of the hit film Clueless) has followed a vegan diet for more than 10 years. She publicly promotes a plant-based diet: “A animal-free diet provides amazing benefits for your health, your appearance, and even the planet”.
BE SURE TO WATCH OPRAH ON WEDNESDAY!!!
Source: WFM Blog 16