PEANUT BUTTER BANANA
In our household Monday nights are FAMILY NIGHTS.
We like to spend this night spending quality time together.
To my children's delight, this night usually includes a treat!
This is what my son and I came up with tonight.
He wants to call them PBBC Bites (Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Bites).
Here is what we did:
1. Sliced 2 ripe bananas into 1/4 inch slices and placed them on a cookie sheet in the freezer (we left the bananas there for an hour).
2. In the meantime, combine 4 TBS nut butter (we used peanut) and 1 TBS coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat, and mix until smooth.
3. Then melt about 1/2 cup dark chocolate until smooth and creamy (we used a double boiler over the stove).
4. Quickly take out the frozen bananas from the freezer and begin scooping small amounts of peanut butter mixture on each piece of banana. You can sprinkle shredded coconut if you desire. Place back in your freezer for about 20 minutes or until peanut butter has set.
5. Quickly take out the frozen Peanut Butter Bananas from the freezer and begin scooping small amounts of CHOCOLATE on each piece. Immediately place back in freezer.
EAT THESE RIGHT OUT OF THE FREEZER FOR A
SUPER YUMMY COLD TREAT THAT YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE!