My journey started the day I became a MOMMY. From the very beginning I had such a strong desire to feed my children the best. And thus I started my quest to find out what exactly is the best. In doing so, I not only found how to feed my children but also how to feed myself. One of my greatest joys as a Mommy is when I cook an extremely healthy meal and my family not only eats it, but asks for seconds. Does my family eat perfect? I wish I could say yes. Unfortunately the real world comes into play. But there is a power in knowing what is perfect...A power in knowing what foods cause disease...A power in knowing how my family and I can live a long healthy life together. Join me on my never-ending journey of eating that healthy meal and never feeling guilty about asking for seconds.
· 1 -You actually have a “favorite” leafy green (collard, mustard, chard, kale etc.)
· 2 - You’ve tried making your own almond milk
· 3 - You know longer know what a good price for chicken breast is
· 4 - You refer to plant milk as “MILK” and the other stuff as “COW’s MILK”
· 5 -You’ve tried tempeh and seitan and can actually pronounce them
· 6 - The death of your blender might be more traumatic than the death of a family member
· 7 - The foods you “used to eat” can now send your body into a frenzy with even so much as a bite
· 8 - Maple syrup, stevia and agave nectar are common household sweeteners (as opposed to “the white stuff”)
· 9 - You bring your own “meat” (ie bean burgers and veggie dogs) to the neighborhood BBQ
· 10 - Quinoa, kale and a can of beans are your too-busy-to-make-dinner-go-to-meal
Wow, look at you now…Veteran Mommy! It doesn’t necessarily mean how long you have been doing it, but rather how determined you are in keep yourself as clean and healthy as possible. You have discovered the power of food and you have experienced how truly satisfying it is to eat right…for all aspects of your life. You have discovered a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes is the secret to feeling great. Meat, dairy, processed foods (including processed flours, sugars and fats) are no longer calling your name, as you barely recognize them as acquaintances anymore!
You have unveiled the mind-body connection within you and have learned that a clear mind is directly linked to a clean body. You have stayed the course and have been rewarded with a vibrant and energetic life! You have discovered that true health isn’t merely the absence of disease but the presence of vigor, vitality, and a love of life.
You continue to be on the lookout for things that might need a little tweaking. You are familiar with the benefits of fasting and juice fasting. You probably own a brush for drybrushing, and a colonic doesn’t give you the heebie-jeebies like it once did. The power of greens is a dominant force in your life, and water has become your BFF. With your alkaline-diet and your ability to meditate your way through stressful times, you have gathered an arsenal to stave off disease. You are a leader now, and the planet needs more leaders like you. Take the wonderful knowledge that you have worked for and be a beacon to all those around you. (Your skin naturally glows, so your light is easy to detect). You are now the teacher …watch for those that are seeking your guidance….and give freely of what you have discovered!
Here are 5 reasons to EAT MORE CABBAGE
1. CABBAGE is a CRUCIFEROUS vegetable! This in of itself should cause you to want to EAT it more! Cruciferous vegetables have anti-carcinogenic properties...meaning, it helps your body fight off cancer.
2. CABBAGE is great for losing weight! Cabbage is one of the best sources of FIBER out there! Adding more of this vegetable to your diet (raw or cooked) will fill you tummy without expanding your waistline. It is a nutrient dense food, low in calories and high in essential nutrients. The perfect combination when trying to lose weight.
3. CABBAGE can help keep your bones and body healthy. Cabbage is a good source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Vitamin C helps your body develop resistance against infectious agents and free radicals. Enough Vitamin K in the diet makes your bones stronger and healthier.
4. CABBAGE is a good source of FOLATES. Folic acid is one of the essential components of DNA. For all your MOMS out there wanting enough of this essential nutrient for pregnancy...Cabbage is the perfect source for your body and your baby.
5. CABBAGE TASTES SO YUMMY!
Don't believe me? Try any of these recipes and you will become a believer!
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! As we enter the next phase of this Holiday season, a phase that usually consists of many holiday parties with many unhealthy food options....we thought we would share a wonderful GUACAMOLE recipe! It is made from WHOLE ingredients, with a super flavor and many health benefits. It is the perfect option to keep eating healthy during this wonderful time of year! Hope you enjoy!
We wanted to highlight a fabulous EBOOK written by Derek & Emily Childs called:
The Healthy Happy Family: A Family Guide to A Healthier Home on a Budget.
Emily and her husband have a passion for healthy, natural foods and living a healthy lifestyle and share fabulous ways on how to do it with a budget. They were recently featured on our local TV News station promoting whole food plant based diet...LOVE IT!
Check out their book on Amazon here (it's a great price!)
We love finding people who love feeding their children PLANTS and love sharing the knowledge with others!
Check out their blog at: http://www.naturallyhealthyandhappy.blogspot.com
It's that time of year...when pomegranates are in season, are a good price and taste fabulous!
Did you know pomegranate juice has been analyzed to have greater antioxidant capacity than red wine, grape juice, cranberry juice, green tea or acai juice?
Dr. Joel Fuhrman promotes eating pomegranates:
"Drinking pomegranate juice measurably reduces oxidative stress in healthy humans. Much research has shown that pomegranate’s potent antioxidant capacity provides protection against heart disease, cancer and cognitive impairment.
Memory and brain function:
Find full article here.
I hope this motivates you to enjoy fresh pomegranates now and also to remember to use pomegranate juice to get the health benefits all year round!